Two offsprings from same pregnancy is called Twins.
I am not going into biological explanations of Twins.
I am just here to share some facts and fallacies about Twins.
Hold on…i need to tell u something about Zygote & Placenta to understand things
Sperm + Egg ==> Zygote
Zygote reside in Placenta
1 Sperm + 1 Ova –> 1 Zygote –> Divides into two Zygotes causes identical twins (Mono Zygotic)
2 Sperm + 2 Ova–> 2 Zygotes caused non identical twins(Di Zygotic)
- Father always determine the sex of the child
- A sperm can live in uterus for 7 days without fertilizing the egg!
- Twins need not be identical all the time.
- Identical Twins are always of the same sex.
- Logically, Dizygotic twins can be from different fathers!! (A sperm can live in uterus for 7 days without fertilizing the egg – don’t imagine too much!)
- Astrologically, Why twins dont have same luck and misfortunes?
Answer is simple -> Both cannot come out and see the world at the same time( even with Caesarean!)
- About 60 percent of all twins are born prematurely in 37 weeks itself – You know the reason!!
- Its not always right that the first baby of the twins which sees the world is younger. Incase of monozygotic twins, both are formed at the same time!!